The Art and The Blade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Art and The Blade

Dungeons and Dragons 4.0 Campaign Group

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Party makeup going forward?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mikebr99

mikebr99

Party makeup going forward? Empty
PostSubject: Party makeup going forward?   Party makeup going forward? EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:01 pm

Hey,
I know there have been some discussions about dropping multiple characters and adding other guys to play. Where have we landed on these topics?

Do we level to 11th in advance of our next get together?
And if so... do I need to change anything from my posted progression to do so?

This isn't really a question... just a statement for everyone... but I'm currently at 1/2 the magic I should be at for 11th level. This means my saves are lower then they should be, and I have no resistances to the common damage types that we've been seeing lately.

Don, you wanted us to discuss everything on the boards... but nothing has surfaced since... so I'm starting the ball rolling. So lets put everything on the table.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Gardain
Admin
Gardain

PostSubject: Re: Party makeup going forward?   Party makeup going forward? EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:39 pm

Don is continuing with story line.

We are progressing to 11th level. Continue with your progression as planned.

We have each been given a Dragonmark Tattoo (allows us to take dragonmark feats - no free feat, need to use one of your available feats)

Gardain will be continuing and progressing to level 11. Orsik will be leaving the party to assist in the front lines in Ulek

As for magic there is no new magic distribution from the camping weekend or the play since then. But Obanar has offered to open the Argent reserves to us, to request a single item of level 11th to 13th, we need to propose an item to Don and he will validate if it is in the armory.
Back to top Go down
mikebr99

mikebr99

PostSubject: Re: Party makeup going forward?   Party makeup going forward? EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:18 pm

Thanks
where can i find info on the tattoo and the feats?

Mike
Back to top Go down
Skar

Skar

PostSubject: Re: Party makeup going forward?   Party makeup going forward? EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:40 pm

We did receive magic since the camping weekend, but it wasn't a lot. I think there was a few potions of vitality amongst the gems and gold on that hilll giant.

Mark of Contagion: daily powers give -2 save vs. ongoing dmg (not so useful to you)
Mark of Madness: daily powers give -2 save vs WILL (good if you are going to attack them with another spell)
Mark of Terror: daily power makes them -1 to hit you

mark of detection: 2d20 perception and some rituals
mark of finding: melee dps type
mark of handling: mounted combat type
mark of healing: nuff said
mark of hospitality: improves healing after rests
mark of making: +2 levels for enchant item & alchemy
mark of passage: your shifts +1, teleports +1 & rituals
mark of scribing: fluent in 4 languages, +2 diplomacy
mark of sentinel: opportunity attack grants shift 1
mark of shadow: bonuses when hidden/invis
mark of storm: thunder/lightning/flying boosts
mark of warding: powers granting defense bonuses boost by 1, marking target boosted to -3 penalty
Back to top Go down
Skar

Skar

PostSubject: Re: Party makeup going forward?   Party makeup going forward? EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:41 pm

Skar is staying for the chance to battle elementals
Rictlin is unsure. The eye and Obaron suggested that it was rare for Rogues to join the Silver Cloaks, so I'll have to discuss why I think he's worthy to keep him as a PC, and even then, he may not be allowed to stay.
Back to top Go down
mikebr99

mikebr99

PostSubject: Re: Party makeup going forward?   Party makeup going forward? EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:55 pm

Skar wrote:
We did receive magic since the camping weekend, but it wasn't a lot. I think there was a few potions of vitality amongst the gems and gold on that hilll giant.

Mark of Contagion: daily powers give -2 save vs. ongoing dmg (not so useful to you)
Mark of Madness: daily powers give -2 save vs WILL (good if you are going to attack them with another spell)
Mark of Terror: daily power makes them -1 to hit you

mark of detection: 2d20 perception and some rituals
mark of finding: melee dps type
mark of handling: mounted combat type
mark of healing: nuff said
mark of hospitality: improves healing after rests
mark of making: +2 levels for enchant item & alchemy
mark of passage: your shifts +1, teleports +1 & rituals
mark of scribing: fluent in 4 languages, +2 diplomacy
mark of sentinel: opportunity attack grants shift 1
mark of shadow: bonuses when hidden/invis
mark of storm: thunder/lightning/flying boosts
mark of warding: powers granting defense bonuses boost by 1, marking target boosted to -3 penalty
what book is this stuff in?

tks

Mike
Back to top Go down
donkey

PostSubject: Re: Party makeup going forward?   Party makeup going forward? EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 1:28 am

Dragon mark is a free feat... it is not permanent and must be periodically refershed by the Guardian Commander (Obanar).

Seriously, never bring up the status of your magic items again...ever. Tired of hearing about it. I know approximately where you stand; each of you bringing it up is just irritating.
Back to top Go down
Skar

Skar

PostSubject: Re: Party makeup going forward?   Party makeup going forward? EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 1:34 am

Ah, a free feat, that's ok then. Otherwise I don't think any of those are worth losing a feat towards our progression plan.
Back to top Go down
mikebr99

mikebr99

PostSubject: Re: Party makeup going forward?   Party makeup going forward? EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 10:08 am

donkey wrote:
Dragon mark is a free feat... it is not permanent and must be periodically refershed by the Guardian Commander (Obanar).

But... where is the info located? Where can I read up on these feats?

Mike
Back to top Go down
Gardain
Admin
Gardain

PostSubject: Re: Party makeup going forward?   Party makeup going forward? EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 10:50 am

did you get the compendium?

If not Eberron player's guide.

Back to top Go down
Gardain
Admin
Gardain

PostSubject: Re: Party makeup going forward?   Party makeup going forward? EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 10:52 am

donkey wrote:

Seriously, never bring up the status of your magic items again...ever. Tired of hearing about it. I know approximately where you stand; each of you bringing it up is just irritating.

Are you saying we each get an additional free feat above our level allotment, that was not my understanding the other night. I thought the tattoo purely opened access to feats we couldn't otherwise select but still needed to allocate a feat.

Back to top Go down
Skar

Skar

PostSubject: Re: Party makeup going forward?   Party makeup going forward? EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 12:22 pm

I think 'free feat' is pretty self explanatory.
But it's not permanent, it's like a temporary buff that Obaron puts on us.
Back to top Go down
donkey

PostSubject: Re: Party makeup going forward?   Party makeup going forward? EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 12:55 pm

Eug has it.

If you prove worthy and become permanent Silver Cloaks, then Obanar will renew and potentially enchance it. However, it DOES NOT cost you a feat slot. It will allow you one more feat then your normal allotment. It is however, restricted to the dragonmark feats from the Eberron Player's guide- to which, normally, you would not have access.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Party makeup going forward?   Party makeup going forward? Empty

Back to top Go down

Party makeup going forward?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Art and The Blade :: General Discussion :: 4e Rules-
Jump to: