The Art and The Blade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Art and The Blade

Dungeons and Dragons 4.0 Campaign Group

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

During the final farewell

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mikebr99

mikebr99

During the final farewell Empty
PostSubject: During the final farewell   During the final farewell EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 11:58 am

Hey guys,
I totally forgot to add this section during Ispen's celebration of life:

A particularly somber guest—a blue-skinned Silvanesti elf named Leedara—keeps to the fringes of the reception. No one in town knows anything about her except her name, that she arrived a day before the characters, and that she claims to be a performer who knew Ispin. Characters who approach Leedara find her politely aloof and evasive about how she knew Ispin—yet she expresses sympathy for the characters, claiming she's lost many loved ones in her long life.

At a point fairly early into the story telling, she steps forward to tell a story. "My condolences to all who knew Ispen. It is wonderful to hear all the stories of his life. But I fear that something more pressing will be coming to this region and I need you all to know this.

"Lord Soth is the most powerful death knight on Krynn. Once a Solamnic Knight of the Order of the Rose, Soth was a paragon of virtue and justice who allowed his pride to lead him down an evil path. The gods gave Soth a chance at redemption, charging him with confronting the Kingpriest of Istar and averting the Cataclysm. However, he was undone by his pride, abandoned his quest, and allowed the Cataclysm to devastate Krynn. Soth perished during the Cataclysm but then rose from the ashes as an Undead horror. In his cursed castle, Dargaard Keep, Soth long ignored the ruined world, but the Dragon Queen’s summons has called his evil forth once more."

Shortly after this oration, she retires to her room in the Inn.
Back to top Go down
Skar

Skar

PostSubject: Re: During the final farewell   During the final farewell EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 12:31 pm

Do we know whereabouts Dargaard Keep is on the map?
Back to top Go down
mikebr99

mikebr99

PostSubject: Re: During the final farewell   During the final farewell EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 12:41 pm

Skar wrote:
Do we know whereabouts Dargaard Keep is on the map?
We know that it's in the Solamnic province of Nightlund which is across the river from where we are. The City of Kalaman is it's capital and biggest population centre.
Back to top Go down
Gardain
Admin
Gardain

PostSubject: Re: During the final farewell   During the final farewell EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 1:00 pm

I try to intercept her before she can retire to describe the creatures we encountered on the road and see if she has any insight into what they are and where they came from.
Back to top Go down
mikebr99

mikebr99

PostSubject: Re: During the final farewell   During the final farewell EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 1:09 pm

Gardain wrote:
I try to intercept her before she can retire to describe the creatures we encountered on the road and see if she has any insight into what they are and where they came from.
I am very old, even in elven terms... and I have not heard of or seen anything like you've described. But it sounds like something spawned from Takhisis (The Dragon Queen, leader of Krynn’s evil gods). Sorry I cannot help you more with that."
Back to top Go down
mikebr99

mikebr99

PostSubject: Re: During the final farewell   During the final farewell EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 2:14 pm

Nightlund
For generations, the Soths of Dargaard Keep—a Family of Knights of Solamnia—ruled the Solamnic province once known as Knightlund. Before the Cataclysm, the Gods of Good forewarned Knightlund’s leader, Lord Loren Soth, about the coming destruction and offered him a chance to stop it, but he failed to accomplish this task. Since then, the province has had a Cursed reputation. People have come to know the land as Nightlund and ascribe the region’s frequent storms to the old gods’ disfavor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: During the final farewell   During the final farewell Empty

Back to top Go down

During the final farewell
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Art and The Blade :: Campaign Updates :: DL - Shadow of the Dragon Queen-
Jump to: